Kybella™ Melts Double Chin Without Surgery
The answer to what healthcare providers call "submental fullness"
What is submental fullness?
Submental fullness, also known as “double chin”, can affect people of all physical conditions and reduces the definition of your profile. Both men and women can accumulate excess fat beneath the chin for many reasons. Some possible causes are genetics, weight gain, aging or loss of hormones.
Sometimes, even with diet or exercise, the condition may not go away, and it could make you appear older or heavier than you actually are.
Is it FDA Approved?
How does KYBELLA® work?
- When injected into the area beneath your chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- Fat cleared from the treatment area is processed through your body’s natural metabolism.
- Once the aesthetic response is achieved, further treatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.
- 79% of people treated with KYBELLA® in clinical studies had improved satisfaction with the appearance of the area beneath their chin.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
- KYBELLA® is given during an in-office visit. The injection process may take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Your healthcare provider will give you a series of injections into the fat under your chin at each treatment session
What can I expect after my treatment session?
- For most patients, downtime occurred most commonly after the first treatment session.
- You should be able to resume your daily activities but are likely to have swelling, so keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment.
- Prior to your treatment session, your healthcare provider may apply ice/cold packs or topical and/or injectable local anesthesia to the treatment area to make you more comfortable
- After treatment, apply ice or a cold pack to the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes, as needed
Will there be side effects from KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies)
The most common treatment area side effects include:
- Areas of hardness
KYBELLA® MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
The Results Speak for Themselves!
Actual patients. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and after final treatment. Not all treatments shown. Individual results may vary.
- Multiple injections under the chin per treatment; up to 6 treatments spaced at least 1 month apart. 59% of patients received 6 KYBELLA® treatments in clinical studies. Treatment is tailored to the amount of fat under the chin and aesthetic goals.
- 68.2% of patients treated with KYBELLA® in 2 clinical studies had some/moderately better improvement, compared with 20.5% of patients treated with placebo (70% vs 18.6% in Study 1, 66.5% vs 22.2% in Study 2).
- 16% of patients treated with KYBELLA® in 2 clinical studies had significant/a great deal better improvement, compared with 2% of patients treated with placebo (13.4% vs less than 0% in Study 1, 18.6% vs 3% in Study 2).