Bothered by the Fullness Beneath Your Chin?
67% of people are! KYBELLA® is the answer to what healthcare providers call “Submental fullness”
Submental fullness, also known as “double chin”, can affect people of all physical conditions and reduces the definition of your profile. Both men and women can accumulate excess fat beneath the chin for many reasons. Some possible causes are:
- Weight Gain
Sometimes, even with diet or exercise, the condition may not go away, and it could make you appear older or heavier than you actually are.
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin by physically destroying fat cells. This treatment will diminish unwanted fat and restore definition, restructure your profile, and recontour your entire face.
How does KYBELLA® work?
- When injected into the area beneath your chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- Fat cleared from the treatment area is processed through your body’s natural metabolism.
Once the aesthetic response is achieved, further treatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.
79% of people treated with KYBELLA® in clinical studies had improved satisfaction with the appearance of the area beneath their chin.
How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
- Your healthcare provider will help you determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals.
- Up to 6 treatments may be administered, spaced no less than 1 month apart.
- 59% of people treated with KYBELLA® in clinical studies received 6 treatments.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
- KYBELLA® is given during an in-office visit. The injection process may take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Your healthcare provider will give you a series of injections into the fat under your chin at each treatment session
What can I expect after my treatment session?
- For most patients, downtime occurred most commonly after the first treatment session.
- You should be able to resume your daily activities but are likely to have swelling, so keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment.
- Prior to your treatment session, your healthcare provider may apply ice/cold packs or topical and/or injectable local anesthesia to the treatment area to make you more comfortable
- After treatment, apply ice or a cold pack to the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes, as needed
Will there be side effects from KYBELLA®?
- KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies)
- The most common treatment area side effects include:
- Areas of hardness
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You don’t want surgery
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
Ready to schedule your KYBELLA® treatment?
Call now and make your appointment for a FREE evaluation with one of our experienced nurses to see if KYBELLA® is right for you.