Your Gut Holds Health Secrets
More than simply digesting food, the gut holds the secret to hormone triggers, nutrient absorption, muscle development, and fat loss. We understand there is no one-size-fits-all treatment plan to getting healthy, and that’s why we offer personalized, specialized gut health therapies to help you reach your goals.
Weight Management, Digestion, and a Leaky Gut
In sensitive people, gluten can cause the gut cells to release zonulin, a protein that can break apart tight junctions in the intestinal lining. Other factors — such as infections, toxins, stress and age — can also cause these tight junctions to break apart.
Once these tight junctions get broken apart, you have a leaky gut. When your gut is leaky, things like toxins, microbes, undigested food particles, and more can escape from your intestines and travel throughout your body via your bloodstream.
Your immune system marks these “foreign invaders” as pathogens and attacks them. The immune response to these invaders can appear in the form of any of the nine signs you have a leaky gut, which are listed below.
- Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Seasonal allergies or asthma.
- Hormonal imbalances such as PMS or PCOS.
- Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, lupus, psoriasis, or celiac disease.
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
- Mood and mind issues such as depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD.
- Skin issues such as acne, rosacea, or eczema.
- Diagnosis of candida overgrowth
- Food allergies or food intolerances.
Hormone optimization requires an integrated approach
The Evexias team approach to female hormone optimization is evidence-based and does not involve experimentation or guessing.
We ascribe to a functional medicine model, which focuses on identifying and treating the root cause of each patient’s medical issues. After a proper diagnosis is made we strive to achieve hormone balance (or homeostasis) through a combination of hormone replacement with nutrition and gut health protocols where needed. While some women simply experience a natural decline in hormones, others may have difficulty metabolizing hormones or struggle with low thyroid, leaky gut, toxicity, vitamin deficiencies and other ailments.
Consequently, the practitioner may prescribe thyroid supplements, detoxification protocols, nutritional supplements, weight loss programs and other treatments in conjunction with bio-identical hormone replacement pellet therapy.